To provide a senior leadership role within the Operations Management Team, with line management of Service Delivery Manager and the driver workforce. The main output of this role is to ensure that a safe and effective operational service is delivered in all areas of SELDOC’s activities; fostering good relationships with partner organisations; and contributing to the organisation’s development in line with our strategic plan, including all areas of SELDOC Group operation.
Salary: £52,500.00 pa
Location: SELDOC Offices – Norbiton / Remote working
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Contract: Permanent – Full time
Internal: Operations Management Team, Rota and Onboarding Team, UTC service teams, ELT members, Shift Managers, Clinical Governance Team.
External: ICB Commissioning Managers, acute trust and other UTC landlords, PCNs, partners in commercial and third sector; regulatory bodies including CQC
Job duties and responsibilities
• Day to day operational performance management. This includes Out of Hours (OOH) services across South London and CAS services, with a particular focus on weekend performance. Operational performance and KPI breach analysis, reports for contract monitoring meetings
• Utilise systems including Adastra, Datix, EMIS and Microsoft Office in order to achieve role outcomes
• Lead selected operational meetings with other SELDOC teams and externally
• Key interface with Information Team to identify requirements
• Lead role on identified Operations Team projects, including mobilisation and demobilisation of services
• Key role in strategic planning, risk management and business continuity
• Participate in the On-Call Manager’s rota
Recruitment and leadership
• Contribute to Operations and organisational workforce development plan
• Line management of direct reports including regular one to one meetings, appraisal and objective setting. Provide assurance that this approach is replicated throughout Operations
• Demonstrably encourage a culture of continuous improvement within Operations
• Deputise for the Operations Director as required
• Chair formal HR processes or lead investigations as required.
• Work ‘in the service’ i.e. during the OOH period frequently
• Assist in promoting your own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the company’s Health and Safety policy
• Undertake identified actions within the Quality Improvement Plan, and contribute to the development of the plan
• Provide assurance that premises, equipment and supplies are managed effectively and safely in all SELDOC sites, with a particular focus on the UTCs
• Undertake own safeguarding training and ensure that others’ is maintained across the organisation.
• Assist with the validation and monitoring of compliance and mandatory training.
• Manage budget within identified limits according to SFIs, in support of overall achievement of Operations financial targets
• Be proactive in identifying and scoping business development opportunities
To develop the capability of the Service Delivery role holders, to enable full effective deputising for the Operations Director
Robust, evidenced service delivery planning and control regime in place across the organisation with service outcomes delivered in line with plan (clinical, operational, financial)
Service delivery understanding and ‘patient/customer centricity’ across the business is good with an appropriate level of understanding in all business areas
Effective service delivery in place in all managed service areas
Good relationships and collaborative approach with partner organisations
Patients, commissioners and colleagues are content with the services because they are safe, clinically led and meets agreed performance goals
Service delivery plan and performance tracking in place (process and output measures) which supports timely and effective corrective action/intervention as needed
Effective service delivery is at the heart of the Operations Team’s purpose
This job description is an outline. The post-holder will be asked to work flexibly in order to support delivery of SELDOC goals and objectives.
Who we are...
SELDOC provides primary and urgent care services across South-West, South-East London and beyond. This includes Integrated Urgent Care Servies, Clinical Assessment Services, Home Visiting services, Holistic care services, Geriatric Medicine, Virtual Assessment Services and resources in GP hubs and Urgent Care Centres.
SELDOC was established in 1996 as a GP Co-operative to provide out-of-hours primary care to patients across southeast London. Over the last 27 years we have grown significantly and have formed strong relationships with other local partners and now provide services for 2 million patients.
Our purpose is to deliver trusted healthcare to the community. Working together with local partners, we develop and provide healthcare services to benefit patients and support a better NHS. We are committed to providing high-quality services and now need to consolidate these best practices and align these with our longer-term strategic and people objectives.
If you are interested in joining the team at SELDOC Healthcare then please complete the form below and a member of our HR team will contact you.
During the application process, you will require the following items:
Current DBS, (within the last 3 years) SELDOC can assist with new application
Standard mandatory training certificates