Case study: @Home in partnership with Guy’s and St Thomas’
We are partnered with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust to provide home care services ‘@Home’ and ‘Pal@Home ‘.
The @Home service helps to ensure continuity of healthcare between hospital settings and the community.
We also support palliative care patients in the Pal@Home service, which provides urgent overnight treatment from clinical nurse specialists, by providing a dedicated team of drivers and vehicles to ensure that care and medication can be provided to palliative patients in their home location.
More about our partnership with Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
Our partnership with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust began more than a decade ago. We are delighted to be contributing to an integrated care pathway which benefits the patients of South East London and fits well with our patient-first ethos.
Over the course of the decade of our partnership, we have piloted, launched and developed a range of successful services.
Our current service provision includes:
• Our clinicians working with the @Home team to review and respond to patients that have been referred into the service.
• Visiting patients in their own home to help ensure that the patient is assessed and treated, where possible, to help reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and to facilitate early hospital discharge.
• Working with other healthcare partners to ensure that the patient has a holistic view of the care required – which may include input from other services such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy and frailty. This is built into a package of care for the patient to help keep them well at home.
• Working closely with @Home matrons, nursing teams and GPs to manage the case mix of the service.
• Providing medically equipped vehicles and drivers who safely transport the clinician(s) to the patient's address and support the clinician(s) by taking any medical equipment needed into the patient's home as and when required.
Our clinical governance arrangements are fully integrated with Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital.
If you are interested in commissioning a service with SELDOC please contact Jacqueline at email@example.com