We are SELDOC – a GP led cooperative that provides out of hours’ care and support services to patients. We were established in 1996 by local GPs who made a commitment to work together to improve the quality of care to local patients.
Since then, we have continued to provide high quality out of hours’ care to patients, supporting local GP surgeries, NHS commissioners and other healthcare professionals, while innovating and expanding the services we provide.
Our aim is to deliver the best healthcare to patients and the best healthcare solutions to NHS commissioners. Where we work, we work locally, using local healthcare teams with local knowledge to provide local care.
Together we care about our patients’ healthcare, those who provide it, and the needs of commissioners. It is this patient-centred and cooperative approach to healthcare that defines who we are.
As a cooperative, we bring people together to meet patients’ needs. When we record a surplus, we reinvest it to improve patient care. We prioritise the patient in every decision we make. We are flexible, nimble and innovative, always looking for new ways of doing things.
We are SELDOC and together we care.
P A T I E N T S
- Priority – we are patient focused and put the patient at the centre of every decision to make.
- Approachability – we are inclusive and open to all.
- Togetherness – we adopt a cooperative approach to patient care.
- Innovation – we are always looking for new ways of doing things.
- Effectiveness – we continuously monitor and learn from our performance.
- Needs – we deliver on the needs of our patients, members and commissioners through good business practice.
- Trust – we are committed to quality and professionalism.
- Sustainability – we develop the capability to operate in a competitive environment and make a positive impact in the communities we serve.
To use GP leadership to bring together local healthcare professionals, communities and commissioners in delivering the best care for patients.
We bring GP leadership, local service delivery and a cooperative approach to ensuring the highest quality of care for patients. Together we care about patients’ health, the healthcare team and the needs of commissioners.